The Magi are a group of card cycles featuring Human Wizards that reference other cards from Magic's history. Each cycle of Magi copies a different type of card. So far there have been Magi cycles made for artifacts, lands, enchantments, and a fourth cycle that is being made for sorceries. The Magi cycles first debuted in the Time Spiral block and were featured in all three sets of that block. Since then, a mega cycle has been made within the Commander series, releasing another card of the cycle each year.
Artifact Magi[edit | edit source]
- Magus of the Disk — Nevinyrral's Disk
- Magus of the Jar — Memory Jar
- Magus of the Mirror — Mirror Universe
- Magus of the Scroll — Cursed Scroll
- Magus of the Candelabra — Candelabra of Tawnos
Land Magi[edit | edit source]
The Land Magi were featured in Planar Chaos.
- Magus of the Tabernacle — The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
- Magus of the Bazaar — Bazaar of Baghdad
- Magus of the Coffers — Cabal Coffers
- Magus of the Arena — Arena
- Magus of the Library — Library of Alexandria
Enchantment Magi[edit | edit source]
The Enchantment Magi from Future Sight have no activated abilities, instead just having abilities exactly like the enchantments they mimic. They each have identical casting costs to the Enchantment they mimic.
- Magus of the Moat — Moat
- Magus of the Future — Future Sight
- Magus of the Abyss — The Abyss
- Magus of the Moon — Blood Moon
- Magus of the Vineyard — Eladamri's Vineyard
Sorcery Magi[edit | edit source]
- Magus of the Wheel — Wheel of Fortune (Commander 2015)
- Magus of the Will — Yawgmoth's Will (Commander 2016)
- Magus of the Mind — Mind's Desire (Commander 2017)
- Magus of the Balance — Balance (Commander 2018)
References[edit | edit source]
- Gavin Verhey (August 7, 2019). "To steel everybody appropriately: the 5th Magus is absent from MTGC19.". Twitter.