Empire of Madara
Geography[edit | edit source]
The Madaran Empire is an island-group in the Jamuraan Sea. Madara is is the largest of the island cluster and the seat of the Empire. The cultural and economic center of Madara lay between the eastern Gitte-Yatay Mountains and the western sea. In it lay two great marshes and the main streams of the Suido River. This means that blue, black, and red mana met at a single point. On this point stood the Imperial Shrine of Nicol Bolas.
Other notable locations on Madara are:
- Dark's Keep, located near the island's western coast. This structure was home of the Imperial Assassin Ramses Overdark. Surrounded by swampland and a branch of the Suido River, it provided Lord Dark with bountiful access to the black and blue mana he implemented. It was destroyed by the Bogarden Seismicmage Kolo Meha under the instruction of Tetsuo Umezawa.
- Sekana village, a fisherman's port
- Pelada, another port, located on the west coast.
- the Talon Gates, two spires of rock set at the southern mouth of the Suido River.
- Umezawa Manor, the ancestral manor of Clan Umezawa.
Off the coast of Madara lies the Edemi Islands. These islands were somewhat under the control of the empire, but they would rebel every decade or so.
History of Madara[edit | edit source]
The empire was founded by a warrior-queen who styled herself a god-empress. Because of the three mana lines that met, Nicol Bolas thought Madara would be a good place to start a foothold on Dominaria. The dragon took the empire, becoming a real god-emperor.
For around 400 years Bolas ruled Madara through three individuals: the imperial assassin, the imperial champion, and the high general of the kentsu. The dragon later realized this system was becoming obsolete as assassin Ramses Overdark was successfully replacing the other imperial officers with his own minions. Bolas then made a new system with only one placeholder of the emperor: imperial regent Ramses Overdark.
But not soon afterwards former champion Tetsuo Umezawa killed Overdark and exiled Bolas, destroying that system as well. After this the empire plunged into chaos, with various nobles buying parts of the kentsu as their personal armies and oppressed islands and tribes rebelling. Tetsuo set out to restore balance to the empire, but how this ended was never revealed.
Map of Madara[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The relative size of Madara compared to that of Jamuraa is that of Japan compared to Russia.