The MPL Gauntlet is a Magic Esports tournament that will be organized at the end of each MPL. It elevates the best Rivals League players to the MPL, and relegates the poorest-performing MPL players to the Rivals League.
Selection[edit | edit source]
The MPL Gauntlet will work as follows:
- The Top 16 players in the MPL automatically remain in the MPL for the next season.
- The bottom 4 players in the MPL will be relegated to the Rivals League and cannot participate in the MPL Gauntlet.
- The Top ranked players from the Rivals League in both MTG Arena and tabletop play will automatically be offered MPL contracts and won't participate in the MPL Gauntlet.
- The Top ranked players who aren't part of either the MPL or Rivals League in both MTG Arena and tabletop play will automatically be offered MPL contracts and won't participate in the MPL Gauntlet.
Particpants[edit | edit source]
- The MPL Gauntlet tournament will therefore comprise 16 competitors as follows:
Results[edit | edit source]
- The Top 3 players in the MPL Gauntlet tournament make it to the MPL.
- Players who finish 4th-16th MPL Gauntlet will be offered Rivals League contracts.
- All points will be reset after this tournament for the start of the new season.
References[edit | edit source]
- Elaine Chase (August 14, 2019). "The Future of Magic Esports". Magic Esports.
- David McCoy (February 7, 2020). "Wizards Confirms Changes to Invitation Criteria for the MPL’s 2020-21 Season". Hipsters of the Coast.