The MPL Gauntlet is a Magic Esports tournament that will be organized at the end of each MPL. It elevates the best Rivals League players to the MPL, and relegates the poorest-performing MPL players to the Rivals League.
The MPL Gauntlet will work as follows:
- The Top 16 players in the MPL automatically remain in the MPL for the next season.
- The bottom 4 players in the MPL will be relegated to the Rivals League and cannot participate in the MPL Gauntlet.
- The Top 2 ranked players from the Rivals League in both MTG Arena and tabletop play will automatically be offered MPL contracts and won't participate in the MPL Gauntlet.
- The MPL Gauntlet tournament will therefore comprise 16 competitors as follows:
- The MPL players ranked 17th–20th
- The Rivals players ranked 3rd–8th on MTG Arena play
- The Rivals players ranked 3rd–8th on tabletop play
- The Top 4 players in the MPL Gauntlet tournament make it to the MPL
- Players who finish 5th-16th MPL Gauntlet will be offered Rivals League contracts.
- All points will be reset after this tournament for the start of the new season.