|(Subtype for land cards)|
100%as of Ikoria: Lair of Behemoths
Description[edit | edit source]
The first card to bear the type was Cloudpost in Mirrodin. It adds for each Locus on the battlefield. Because multiple Loci looked inherently broken, R&D was hesitant to create additional ones. However, with the printing of Glimmerpost in Scars of Mirrodin deckbuilders were gifted a second playset of Loci and, alongside the landcopying Vesuva from Time Spiral could play up to twelve in one deck. Each copy would increase the amount of mana generated by Cloudpost.
Storyline[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Locus is a land type, not a creature type; changelings are not a Locus and you can't use Conspiracy to make a creature a locus.
- Locus is also a location on Otaria, created by Ixidor
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Wizards of the Coast (October, 2003). "Ask Wizards - October, 2003". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Bill Stark (September 3, 2011). "Feature: Focus on the Locus". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Eli Shiffrin (November 11, 2019). "Mystery Booster Release Notes". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.