In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
Local enchantment is an obsolete term which has been replaced with Aura. Up until Ninth Edition of the Core game, local enchantments carried all the rules in their type, which disturbed R&D. Additionally, since the type line said "Enchant" but not "Enchantment", players often didn't understand that, say, an Enchant Creature was also an Enchantment. As auras, they now have the rules in the actual text box. Auras can have more complex and diverse target conditions and it's easier for beginners to recognize that Auras are enchantments.
Rules[edit | edit source]
- Local Enchantment (Obsolete)
- An obsolete term for an Aura. Cards printed with this text have received errata in the Oracle card reference.
Types[edit | edit source]
Local Enchantments included:
- Enchant Artifact (for example Animate Artifact)
- Enchant Creature (for example Aspect of Wolf)
- Enchant Dead Creature (only on Animate Dead)
- Enchant Land (for example Cursed Land)
- Enchant Wall (for example Animate Wall)
References[edit | edit source]