Legendary land cycles[edit | edit source]
Legends[edit | edit source]
Urza's Saga[edit | edit source]
Weatherlight Saga[edit | edit source]
A mega-megacycle of legendary lands representing important locations of the Weatherlight Saga. All of them are utility lands with the exception of Teferi's Isle, which is a phasing tapland that produces .
- Kor Haven () from Nemesis
- Teferi's Isle () from Mirage
- Volrath's Stronghold () from Stronghold
- Keldon Necropolis () from Invasion
- Yavimaya Hollow () from Urza's Destiny
Champions of Kamigawa[edit | edit source]
- Eiganjo Castle ()
- Minamo, School at Water's Edge ()
- Shizo, Death's Storehouse ()
- Shinka, the Bloodsoaked Keep ()
- Okina, Temple to the Grandfathers ()
Time Spiral[edit | edit source]
A megacycle printed across the first two sets of the block (Time Spiral and Planar Chaos). The fifth card of the cycle is a timeshifted card from Legends: Pendelhaven is therefore part of two different legendary lands cycles.
Gemstone Caverns can be seen as the sixth part of the cycle producing either colorless mana or mana of any color (depending on luck).
- Flagstones of Trokair () from Time Spiral — A fetch land for Plains.
- Academy Ruins () from Time Spiral.
- Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth () from Planar Chaos
- Kher Keep () from Time Spiral — A tribal land for Kobolds.
- Pendelhaven () from Time Spiral/Timeshifted.
- Gemstone Caverns ( or ////) from Time Spiral.
Ixalan[edit | edit source]
Ixalan introduced a cycle of lands which transform from legendary enchantments. In general, the lands may be tapped for one mana of their respective color. They are all utility lands, with the exception of Itlimoc, Cradle of the Sun, whose alternate ability is to tap for equal to the number of creatures under its owner's control.
- Adanto, the First Fort ()
- Azcanta, the Sunken Ruin ()
- Temple of Aclazotz ()
- Spitfire Bastion ()
- Itlimoc, Cradle of the Sun ()
Rivals of Ixalan[edit | edit source]
Rivals of Ixalan introduced a cycle of lands which transform from enemy color legendary enchantments. In general, the lands may be tapped for one mana of any color. They are all utility lands, with the exception of Vault of Catlacan, whose alternate ability is to tap for equal to the number of artifacts under its owner's control.
Sanctum of the Sun can be seen as the sixth part of the cycle, though it is transformed from a legendary artifact rather than an enchantment. It taps for mana of a chosen color equal to its controller's life total.
- Tomb of the Dusk Rose ()
- Atzal, Cave of Eternity ()
- Winged Temple of Orazca ()
- Vault of Catlacan ()
- Metzali, Tower of Triumph ()
- Sanctum of the Sun
The Kamigawa block[edit | edit source]
Besides the cycle from Champions of Kamigawa the Kamigawa block introduced 8 more legendary lands as a part of its Legendary-matters theme. That makes a total of 13 legendary lands in the block, far more than the average block, though the Ixalan block is a close second at 11 legendary lands.
- Champions of Kamigawa
- Boseiju, Who Shelters All
- Hall of the Bandit Lord
- Mikokoro, Center of the Sea
- Untaidake, the Cloud Keeper
- Betrayers of Kamigawa
- Saviors of Kamigawa
- Miren, the Moaning Well
- Oboro, Palace in the Clouds ()
- Tomb of Urami () — A tribal land for Ogres, Demons and Spirits.
Other legendary lands[edit | edit source]
- Geier Reach Sanitarium from Eldritch Moon
- Dark Depths from Coldsnap — A depletion land that doesn't add mana, but create a token creature when it gets depleted.
- Eye of Ugin from Worldwake — A tribal land for Eldrazi.
- Inventors' Fair from Kaladesh — A utility land where its conditions fulfill when controlling three or more artifacts.
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx from Theros — A filter land to a color of your devotion.
- Paliano, the High City from Conspiracy — Especially designed for Conspiracy Draft.
- R&D's Secret Lair from Unhinged — Not legal in any format.
- Rath's Edge from Nemesis
- The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale from Legends