Leech is a creature type used for cards that depict aquatic bloodsucking or carnivorous worms, sometimes used by physicians to bleed patients. Leeches prey on, and cling to, other creatures; they are parasites. They appear in all colors. The first creature to bear the type was Land Leeches from The Dark.
Leeches are not to be confused with Liches.
Homelands[edit | edit source]
- The sorcery Leeches is the only card in Homelands to reference poison counters. In fact, this card removes poison counters, and yet the expansion contains no means for a player to gain poison counters.
Invasion[edit | edit source]
- Invasion had a cycle of rare leeches that are aggressively costed but with the drawback that all colored spells of its color that you play cost an additional mana of that color — Alabaster Leech, Sapphire Leech, Andradite Leech, Ruby Leech and Jade Leech.
Associated cards[edit | edit source]
- Leeches are the pets from the Leech Bonder.
- Blessing of Leeches is an aura that grants the ability to regenerate the enchanted creature, while losing 1 life each upkeep.
- Mindleech Mass is a creature made of mind-sucking leeches.
- Other associated cards are Leechridden Swamp, Leeching Bite, Leeching Licid, Mana Leech, Powerleech and Thoughtleech.