The League Weekend is a recurring tournament, introduced in the 2020–21 Players Tour Season
In League Weekends, MPL and Rivals League play against other players within their leagues. Each match win awards one point toward their league standings. Final league standings at the end of the season, after seven total League Weekends, will place players into postseason tournaments — the MPL Gauntlet and Rivals Gauntlet — to determine the new invitees to the following season's MPL and Rivals League.
There are three splits during the 2020-2021 season:
- Zendikar Rising Split features two League Weekends — one each planned for October and November.
- "Equestrian" Split will feature three League Weekends.
- "Fencing" Split will feature two League Weekends.
In total for all League Weekends, MPL and Rivals League players will compete in 84 matches —a maximum total of 84 points — across seven weekends.
- Nine (9) wins earns 1 point toward league standings (the same as winning one match during a League Weekend).
- Ten (10) wins earns 2 point toward league standings.
- Eleven (11) wins earns 3 point toward league.
- Making Top 8 of a split's Championship earns four (4) points toward league standings.
- Wizards of the Coast (July 14). "The 2020-2021 Magic Pro League Season Overview". Magic.gg.
- Ben Drago and Bear Watson (August 27, 2020). "Esports Update: Changes to 2020-2021 Magic Pro League Play". Magic.gg.