Description[edit | edit source]
Apart from being a shapeshifter, details about Lazav are scarce. He claims to take orders from some greater power. Lazav has a regal bearing and wears a flowing leather cloak, made from the hide of some beast that had gone extinct ages ago. He is able to warp reality and seems to attract all of the magic in his surroundings toward him.
History[edit | edit source]
After Szadek was killed and gained control over Agyrem, Lazav managed to gather what was left of the Dimir and bring them together. A ritual was supposed to allow them to commune with the previous guildmaster's spirit, however, it is unknown whether that was true or just a ruse. Since the Dimir guildhall was lost to all, they built a new Duskmantle, which replaced the old structure. Lazav continued to use most of Szadek's methods, giving both their own agents and mercenaries (one of whom is Krenko) as little information as is required to further their goals.
In-game references[edit | edit source]
Quoted or referred to:
- Coerced Confession
- Dimir Charm
- Dimir Guildgate (Guilds of Ravnica, #245)
- Disinformation Campaign
- Enhanced Surveillance
- Massive Raid
- Murmuring Phantasm
- Psychic Strike
- Serene Remembrance
- Sinister Sabotage
- Urbis Protector (Gatecrash)
- Vicious Rumors
References[edit | edit source]
- The Magic Creative Team. (December 05, 2012.) “Planeswalker's Guide to Gatecrash: Part 1”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Nicky Drayden. (October 10, 2018.) “Under the Cover of Fog”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Jenna Helland. (October 29, 2012.) “The Azorius Ten Most Wanted”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Flavor text for Sinister Sabotage