Description[edit | edit source]
Storyline[edit | edit source]
There is only one known plane inhabited by kobolds, Dominaria. They live in the Kher Ridges, on Terisiare, in the fortress of Kher Keep. Kobolds seem to be incredibly resilient, since they survived for centuries in their lair, unafflicted by the disasters that ravaged the other parts of Dominaria. For this, Teferi compared them to cockroaches.
Entire regions were destroyed by the kobolds, but not because of their superior battle tactics - when kobolds are hungry enough, they will eat anything that isn't made of rock. A number of kobolds were summoned by Shauku (who they called the Yellow Lady) to tend the fires guarding the Cosmic Horror imprisoned in her castle, in south-western Jamuraa.
Design history[edit | edit source]
Legends[edit | edit source]
Time Spiral[edit | edit source]
One card gained the Kobold-type when it was reprinted in Time Spiral:
- Kobold Taskmaster changed from Taskmaster to Kobold.
Grand Creature Update[edit | edit source]
The other cards gained the Kobold-type in the Grand Creature Type Update:
- Kobold Drill Sergeant changed from Drill-Sergeant to Kobold.
- Kobold Overlord changed from Lord to Kobold.
- Rohgahh of Kher Keep had no creature-type except Legend, he gained Kobold. This card interacts with "Kobolds of Kher Keep".
Commander 2013[edit | edit source]
Notable kobolds[edit | edit source]
Tokens[edit | edit source]
named Kobolds of Kher Keep
|Red||Creature — Kobold||0/1|
References[edit | edit source]
- Magic the Gathering: Daily Calendar 1997.
- Clayton Emery (2001). Magic: The Gathering - Jedit.
- Monty Ashley. (November 18, 2010.) “A History of Free Creatures”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Brady Dommermuth. (November 13, 2006.) “The Legends of Time Spiral”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.