|Typical Text||Kinship — At the beginning of your upkeep, you may look at the top card of your library. If it shares a creature type with this Card, you may reveal it. If you do, ...|
16.7% 16.7% 16.7% 25% 25%
Kinship is an ability word that indicates a group of similar triggered abilities that appear on Morningtide creatures. Each of them works the same way except for the bonus you might get. By 2010, it was considered a design failure.
- The first two sentences of every kinship ability are the same (except for the creature's name). Only the last sentence varies from one kinship ability to the next.
- You don't have to reveal the top card of your library, even if it shares a creature type with the creature that has the kinship ability.
- After the kinship ability finishes resolving, the card you looked at remains on top of your library.
- If you have multiple creatures with kinship abilities, each triggers and resolves separately. You'll look at the same card for each one, unless you have some method of shuffling your library or moving that card to a different zone.
- If the top card of your library is already revealed (due to Magus of the Future, for example), you still have the option to reveal it or not as part of a kinship ability's effect.
Creature — Giant Wizard
Kinship — At the beginning of your upkeep, you may look at the top card of your library. If it shares a creature type with Wandering Graybeard, you may reveal it. If you do, you gain 4 life.
Cards with Kinship Ability Word
- Ink Dissolver
- Kithkin Zephyrnaut
- Leaf-Crowned Elder
- Mudbutton Clanger
- Nightshade Schemers
- Pyroclast Consul
- Sensation Gorger
- Squeaking Pie Grubfellows
- Wandering Graybeard
- Waterspout Weavers
- Winnower Patrol
- Wolf-Skull Shaman