We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Kingfish is a casual constructed format for Magic: The Gathering that is usually played in with either two players or Free-for-All multiplayer game. It is a Highlander format with specific rules centered around a rare creature called a Kingfish or General. It is a hybrid of Commander and Peasant Magic.
Deck Building Rules[edit | edit source]
- Each player chooses exactly one rare creature, which is called their Kingfish or General. This is the only card of this rarity permitted in your deck.
- All cards must follow the color identity of the Kingfish.
- The rest of your deck can consist of up to 5 uncommon cards and apart from that only commons are permitted.
- Except for basic lands, the player may not use more than one copy of any given card.
- Each deck must contain exactly 60 cards including the Kingfish.
- Normally, sideboards are not allowed. Optionally, players may have a 10 card sideboard that they may use before the match after Kingfishs are declared.
Play Rules[edit | edit source]
- Players start at 30 life.
- Players shuffle their Kingfish into their deck. (It does not start in the command zone.)
- If during the end step the Kingfish is in the graveyard or exile, its owner may choose to shuffle it into his or her library. (Return the Kingfish to it's pond)
Banlist[edit | edit source]