We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
The Kamigawa block is the tenth block, consisting of the large expansion Champions of Kamigawa () and the two small expansions Betrayers of Kamigawa () and Saviors of Kamigawa (). The block came out in 2004-2005.  
Sets[edit | edit source]
Description[edit | edit source]
Development codes[edit | edit source]
The development codenames for the sets of Kamigawa block were Earth, Wind and Fire. According to Mark Rosewater it was Blood, Sweat, and Tears, but R&D decided that they didn't want back-to-back large expansions with codenames both starting with "B".  Blood, Sweat and Tears later would be used for the Battle for Zendikar block and part of the Shadows over Innistrad block.
Theme decks[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Magic Arcana. (April 08, 2004.) “Announcement: The Kamigawa Block”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater. (June 17, 2013.) “Modern Tales, Part 1”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater (October 31, 2014) "2004" Drive to Work
- Mark Rosewater. (May 9, 2016.) “Because Salt Makes Mistakes Taste Great”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater. (August 12, 2002.) “Codename of the Game”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.