|First seen||Champions of Kamigawa|
|Last seen||Saviors of Kamigawa|
The world of Kamigawa, positioned far from any other world we know, is governed by the interplay between the mortals and the kami, minor gods or spirits of the world. The Kakuriyo or Reikai is the spirit world where the kami dwell; its other half is that of the Utsushiyo where mortals live. Together they form a sphere that makes the whole of the world.
The damage caused by the Time Rifts, weakened the veil between the material realm and the spirit realm. This enabled the daimyo Konda and his moonfolk accomplices to use powerful magic to pull an aspect of O-Kagachi, the supreme kami of all kami, through the veil, thus beginning the Kami War.
Locations of Kamigawa
- Towabara — A massive plain, which name means "eternal field", at the center of Kamigawa. Within the Towabara is the Araba, the "ruined land", a blasted place filled with craters from kami attacks. Eiganjo Castle is in the center of the Araba. It is the fortification of daimyo Takeshi Konda and his samurai. The humans ride gigantic trained moths into combat. The castle is assaulted by O-Kagachi in the Kami War and badly damaged. Towabara is guarded by Yosei, the Morning Star.
- Minamo Academy — The Minamo Academy is a school that teaches powerful spirit and human magics. It is built upon the largest waterfall in Kamigawa, north of Eiganjo. Minamo is led by the Soratami, who guide the headmaster and his faculty. They are often prayed to by the staff of the school. Soratami are magic practicing moonfolk that live in the clouds above the academy. The school is besieged and ravaged by Hidetsugu, an ogre whose pupil was killed by a Minamo student. Minamo Academy was guarded by Keiga, the Tide Star.
- Takenuma — Takenuma is a large area of swampland, west of Eiganjo. Here bandits and Nezumi (rat-folk) live. There are also a multitude of Oni (demon spirits) who live in the darkest regions, leaving the place corrupted and void of sunlight. Here the most brutal battles are fought against the kami. Kokusho, the Evening Star, watches over the vile swamps.
- Sokenzan Mountains — The Sokenzan mountain range is the largest in Kamigawa and it lies south of Eiganjo. Akki, cunning goblin creatures, live here, among bandits and renegade samurai called ronin. Godo, a famous warlord of the bandits, lives here. Hidetsugu, an O-Bakemono (powerful shaman ogre) summons Oni spirits here. Deep in the Sokenzan mountain range lay the Tendo Peaks, the steepest mountains in Kamigawa. The Heart of Frost, one of the Tendo Peaks, was haunted for some time by a Yuki-onna. The Sokenzan is guarded by Ryusei, the Falling Star.
- The foothills of the Sokenzan boarder Takenuma to the northwest, and Towabara and Jukai to the north.
- Jukai Forest — A thick forest that harbors many varying kinds of kami. It lies east of Eiganjo. Here, an order of monks train to tune themselves in with nature and the spirit world. Kitsune (fox-folk), live in the Jukai along with the Orochi (snake-folk), who tend to stay in the Western fringes. No one has ever discovered what lies to the east of the Jukai Forest, and all exploration attempts have failed. Jukai Forest is watched over by Jugan, the Rising Star.
- Oboro Palace — Oboro is a secret floating palace of the Soratami. It is kept secret from those who dwell on the grounds of Kamigawa. The only non-Soratami ever to set foot in Oboro were the human disguise-genius Sakashima, the ronin kanji mage Toshiro Umezawa, and the famed Akki wizard Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker.
- Shizo, Death's Storehouse — Shizo is a battlefield cursed by the death of 891 samurai in a single confrontation. It is a loathed sight to all who view it. Now, only a single spirit, Shirei, Shizo's Caretaker, stays there. He walks through the dead and prevents lower souls from leaving Kamigawa.
- Mikokoro — A sacred island of crystal that sits amid one of Kamigawa's seas. Also known as the Eye of the World and the Shrine of Enlightenment.
- Common Kamigawan
- Hidetsugu's ritual language
- It includes hissing sounds.
- Nezumi-tongue 
- Ajani Goldmane
- Jace Beleren
- Leshrac (Attempted)
- Ral Zarek
- The Wanderer
- Nicol Bolas
- Aether Shockwave
- Akki Blizzard-Herder
- Ashen-Skin Zubera
- Azusa, Lost but Seeking
- Befoul (Champions of Kamigawa)
- Blood Rites (Champions of Kamigawa)
- Cut the Earthly Bond
- Deathcurse Ogre
- Dripping-Tongue Zubera
- Ebony Owl Netsuke
- Eiganjo Castle
- Eiganjo Free-Riders
- Ember-Fist Zubera
- Final Judgment
- Floating-Dream Zubera
- Gnarled Mass
- Hair-Strung Koto
- Horobi, Death's Wail
- Ire of Kaminari
- Kami of the Waning Moon
- Mannichi, the Fevered Dream
- Mark of the Oni
- Michiko Konda, Truth Seeker
- Midnight Covenant
- Nezumi Ronin
- Ogre Recluse
- Okina, Temple to the Grandfathers
- Plow through Reito
- Pull Under
- Rag Dealer
- Rend Flesh
- Rend Spirit
- Sakura-Tribe Scout
- Scourge of Numai
- Silent-Chant Zubera
- Split-Tail Miko
- Stone Rain (Champions of Kamigawa)
- Threads of Disloyalty (Betrayers of Kamigawa)
- Time of Need
- Toils of Night and Day
- Yomiji, Who Bars the Way
- Mark Rosewater (November 29, 2016). "The Rabiah Scale". Blogatog. Tumblr.
- Rei Nakazawa (August 30, 2004). "We Are the Champions, My Friend". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Jeremy Cranford (September 06, 2004). "Behind the Scenes: Creating the World of Kamigawa". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Brady Dommermuth (October 18, 2004). "A Series of Fortunate Events: Kamigawa World Design". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Alex Smith (March 07, 2005). "Truth in Fantasy". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Rei Nakazawa (April 11, 2005). "Worlds of Flavor". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Aaron Forsythe (February 18, 2005). "The Creative Side of Kamigawa". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Brady Dommermuth. "You Are a Planeswalker". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast. Archived from the original on 2008-09-26.
- Magic Arcana (April 14, 2005). "Kamigawa Style Guide: Moth Mounts". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Heretic: Betrayers of Kamigawa
- Outlaw: Champions of Kamigawa, Chapter 10
- Outlaw: Champions of Kamigawa, Chapter 3
- Magic Arcana (June 13, 2005). "Culture Corner: Shimenawa". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Outlaw: Champions of Kamigawa, Chapter 4
- Outlaw: Champions of Kamigawa
- Heretic: Betrayers of Kamigawa, Chapter 4
- Greg Weisman (November 2019). "War of the Spark: Forsaken." Del Rey.
- Planes of Existence: Kamigawa, magicthegathering.com
- (Flash) Planes of the Multiverse: Kamigawa, magicthegathering.com
- Magic Arcana (September 14, 2004). "A Kamigawa Glossary, Part 1". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Magic Arcana (January 24, 2005). "A Kamigawa Glossary, Part 2". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Magic Arcana (May 31, 2005). "A Kamigawa Glossary, Part 3". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.