|Last seen||Chandra #1|
History in the gameEdit
Kaldheim was first featured on the card Skybreen in the 2009 Planechase set. In the Duels of the Planeswalkers 2014 game, Kaldheim was the location of the ultimate antogonist Ramaz. In 2021, it will be the setting of the eponymous Kaldheim set.
- The name "Kaldheim" literally means "cold home" in several North Germanic languages, such as Old Norse, Icelandic, and Norwegian Nynorsk. "Home" means "land", "realm" or "world" in this context, like in Old Norse Jǫtunheimr "land of the giants" or "Giants' home". The word heimr was used along with the word garðr lit. "yard" (as in Miðgarðr lit. "Midyard") in the names of various realms in Norse mythology.
- Blake Rasmussen (September 1, 2020). "Zendikar Debut and Announcement Day Recap". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater (September 8, 2020). "Is Kaldheim a top-down Norse Mythology inspired plane?". Blogatog. Tumblr.
- Doug Beyer (September 02, 2009). "The Planes of Planechase". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- R&D Narrative Team (January 17, 2018). "Glimpse the Far Side of the Sun". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Alison Luhrs on Twitter
- Nick Miller (October 20, 2020). "WizKids Announces Third Wave of MTG Unpainted Miniatures". StarCityGames.
- Duels of the Planeswalkers 2014
- Procoretech (November 12, 2020). "Bored so enhancing bad photos of rubbish seems fine.. oh and, Bearded Axe". Reddit.