|First seen||Shards of Alara|
|Status||Merged with the other Shards|
Description[edit | edit source]
Most of Jund is covered with active volcanoes that add difficulty to the lives of its human, crocodillian viashino and rat-like goblin inhabitants, but are of great advantage to the dragons that dominate it.
According to the creatures and shamans of Jund, Jund is a world of pure freedom. Every animal can do whatever he or she wants to do. There is no authority of Jund, and therefore the world has become crazy and wild. Since Jund lacks white and blue mana, there is no peace and thought. Instinct is the choice over control and thought.
Conflux[edit | edit source]
When the Conflux occurred, blue and white mana flooded into Jund. The food chain became disrupted and fell apart. Creatures became less violent and more thoughtful, but this created more wildness. The angry shamans struggled to keep control as the dragons flew to new lands to destroy more. New creatures and plants emerged, and the natural instinct of several of Jund's creatures disappeared. As Jund edges merge more and more with the other shards, it becomes part of the new Alara.
Notable locations[edit | edit source]
- The Bloodhall is the ancient meeting place of the humans of Jund from all clans.
- Varakna is the deepest tar-swamp in Jund.
- The Worldheart Chalice, the lair of Nicol Bolas.
Planeswalker visitors[edit | edit source]
In-game references[edit | edit source]
- Godtracker of Jund
- Jund Battlemage
- Jund Charm
- Jund Hackblade
- Jund Panorama
- Jund Sojourners
- Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund
- Obelisk of Jund
- Algae Gharial
- Bloodpyre Elemental
- Canyon Minotaur (Conflux)
- Charnelhoard Wurm
- Corrupted Roots
- Drag Down
- Dragonsoul Knight
- Esper Stormblade
- Fiery Fall (Conflux)
- Flameblast Dragon (Conflux)
- Gluttonous Slime
- Goblin Mountaineer (Shards of Alara)
- Magma Spray (Shards of Alara)
- Mycoid Shepherd (Alara Reborn)
- Ooze Garden
- Rhox Brute
- Rockslide Elemental
- Savage Lands
- Scarland Thrinax
- Scourge of Nel Toth
- Spellbound Dragon
- Spore Burst
- Sprouting Thrinax
- Talon Trooper
- Toxic Iguanar
- Tukatongue Thallid
- Unstable Frontier
- Zombie Outlander
References[edit | edit source]
- Magic Arcana. (August 15, 2008.) "Shard Preview: Jund", magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater. (December 01, 2008.) "Following Your Heart", magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Mike Flores. (September 11, 2008.) "Echinacea, Incorporated", magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Doug Beyer. (December 3, 2008.) "Jund's One Rule", magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Magic Arcana. (December 04, 2008.) "Jund Style Guide", magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater. (September 15, 2008.) "Shard Candy", magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Michael Yichao. (November 4, 2015.) "All the Cairns of Jund", magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
[edit | edit source]