|Birthplace||Plane of Mountains and Seas|
Jiang Yanggu is a green aligned planeswalker boy from the Plane of Mountains and Seas, who is always accompanied by a sapient dog named Mowu. Jiang has power over the creatures of the forest, and can magically enhance their strength. He is also able to take Mowu with him when he planeswalks.
History[edit | edit source]
After waking up with no memories, he didn't know his name or family. He renamed himself Yanggu (literally "valley where sun rises") after the Easternmost Valley of his home country. To save the Jiuli Clan, which was haunted by plague, Yanggu ventured into the Ten Wizards Mountain for a solution. Here he battled, and later befriended, the mysterious water mage Mu Yanling. With Yanling's help, Yanggu tackled the threat of the plague. In order to find out who he really was, he went onto the journey of expedition with Mu Yanling.
Background[edit | edit source]
Together with Mu Yanling, he was introduced for the Global Series: Jiang Yanggu & Mu Yanling. They are canonical characters in the multiverse, meaning they (and their plane) could intersect with Magic Story in the future.
Jiang Yanggu is confirmed to appear as a card in War of the Spark.
In-game references[edit | edit source]
Quoted or referred to:
References[edit | edit source]
- Mark Rosewater. (March 08, 2019.) "Theres a rule that planeswalkers cant planeswalk...", Blogatog, Tumblr.
- About the Global Series. 400C5446000001 EN.
- Global Series: Jiang Yanggu & Mu Yanling Video Trailer
- Wizards of the Coast. (July 2018.) "Jiang Yanggu Planeswalker Biography"
- Blake Rasmussen. (May 18, 2018.) "Global Series: meet Jiang Yanggu and Mu Yanling", magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Michael Yichao on Twitter