Magic: The Gathering blogs
A blog (a shortening of "weblog") is a discussion or informational website published on the World Wide Web consisting of discrete, often informal diary-style text entries ("posts"). Multiple blogs are dedicated to Magic: The Gathering.
Notable Magic blogs[edit | edit source]
Blogs dedicated are often interactive websites, allowing visitors to leave online comments. Thus, Magic bloggers do not only produce content to post on their blogs, but may build social relations with their readers and other bloggers. Many use Tumblr, which allows for the use of multimedia. These are typically displayed in reverse chronological order, so that the most recent post appears at the top of the web page.
Wizards of the Coast[edit | edit source]
- Blogatog by head designer Mark Rosewater. He answers questions. The blog regularly features a series of Magic related one-panel comics entitled "Tales from the Pit" (also the former name of the blog) as well as links to Rosewater's Making Magic column and a weekly audio podcast he records on his morning commute entitled "Drive to Work".
- A Voice for Vorthos by senior creative designer Doug Beyer. Flavor based.
- The Official Magic: The Gathering Tumblr by Wizards of the Coast. Official news and art.
Non-affiliated blogs[edit | edit source]
- Art in Focus. A weekly column on the OMA Store blog. In each post, the artist of a chosen piece of card art is selected to discuss the process of creating that artwork.
- Multiverse in Review. A historic research of Magic lore, by Berend Boer, also known as Squirle.
- Archive Trap Mini. An Unofficial Guide to MTG's Lore, by Jay Annelli.
- The Magic Bracket. Running an elimination bracket to determine the best Magic: the Gathering card of all time.