Introductory Two-Player Set
|Introductory Two-Player Set|
|Set symbol||This set has no own expansion symbol.|
|Symbol description||Cards use the symbol of their original expansion.|
|Release date||End of 1996|
|Set size||120 cards|
|Early Box sets|
|Magic: The Gathering Chronology|
Description[edit | edit source]
This 2-Player Starter Set was released in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Spanish. The Japanese edition slightly differs in design and contents. The English version is also available with Dutch rules. Furthermore, there are two different editions, the regular box set and the Gift Box with additional contents. All the Introductory Two-Player Sets were printed in Belgium by Carta Mundi. The cards look similar to Fourth Edition cards, but feature a 1996 copyright date and in some cases reformatted rules text.
Contents[edit | edit source]
The Introductory Two-Player Set contained:
- 120 cards divided into 4 decks (4 x 30)
- 10 advertisement and instruction support cards (including a Mirage Advertisement Card).
- 2 player guides which cover 1 demo game (Kazz's Guide and Zakk's Guide)
- 1 errata sheet to correct page 3 in both player guides (standard edition only)
Gift Box[edit | edit source]
The Gift Box edition featured additional content.
- 1 enhanced rule book with Fourth Edition rules
- 2 Homelands boosters of the appropriate language (Fourth Edition boosters for the Japanese version)
- 1 cloth bag containing 30 glass beads for representation of counters and tokens
Decklists[edit | edit source]
Decklist are the same as in the Rivals Quick Start Set, except adding four cards to each second deck (the only new card being Phantom Monster).
Kazz's Deck[edit | edit source]
The additional cards compared to the Rivals Quick Start Set were: 1 Mountain, 1 Mons's Goblin Raiders, 1 Phantom Monster and 1 Power Sink. One of the Islands was replaced with a different illustration.
Zakk's Deck[edit | edit source]
2 Bog Imp