Introductory Two-Player Set
|Introductory Two-Player Set|
|Set symbol||This set has no own expansion symbol.|
|Symbol description||Cards use the symbol of their original expansion.|
|Release date||End of 1996|
|Early Box sets|
|Magic: The Gathering chronology|
The Introductory Two-Player Set was released at the end of 1996 (exact date unknown), as the European and Asian adaptation of the US Rivals Quick Start Set. It was released in several languages. The Gift Box edition featured additonal content. The cards look similar to 4th Edition cards, but feature a 1996 copyright date and in some cases reformatted text.
The Introductory Two-Player Set contained:
- 120 cards divided into 4 decks (4 x 30)
- 10 advertisement and instruction support cards (including a Mirage Advertisement Card).
- 2 player guides which cover 1 demo game (Kazz's Guide and Zakk's Guide)
- 1 errata sheet to correct page 3 in both player guides (standard edition only)
- 1 enhanced rule book with Fourth Edition rules (Gift Box edition only)
- 2 Homelands boosters of the appropriate language (Gift Box editions only)
- 1 cloth bag containing 30 glass beads for representation of counters and tokens (Gift Box editions only)
Decklists[edit | edit source]
Decklist are the same as in the Rivals Quick Start Set, except adding four cards to each second deck (the only new card being Phantom Monster).
Kazz's Deck[edit | edit source]
Zakk's Deck[edit | edit source]
2 Bog Imp