In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
Strictly better[edit | edit source]
- Altar's Reap, upgrade from Skulltap (Scourge)
- Bramblecrush, upgrade from Creeping Mold (Visions)
- Caravan Vigil, upgrade from Lay of the Land (Apocalypse)
- Dead Weight, upgrade from Enfeeblement (Mirage) and Weakness (Limited Edition)
- Devil's Play, upgrade from Blaze (Portal)
- Feeling of Dread, upgrade from Lead Astray (Judgment)
- Gatstaf Shepherd, upgrade from Balduvian Bears (Ice Age), Barbary Apes (Legends), Bear Cub (Portal Second Age), Forest Bear (Portal Three Kingdoms), and Grizzly Bears (Alpha)
- Ghoulcaller's Chant, upgrade from Raise Dead (Limited Edition) and Disentomb (Magic 2010)
- Lantern Spirit, upgrade from Fleeting Image
- Night Revelers, upgrade from Berserkers of Blood Ridge (Magic 2010)
- Rebuke, upgrade from Eightfold Maze (Portal Three Kingdoms) and Just Fate (Portal Second Age)
- Walking Corpse, upgrade from Spineless Thug (Nemesis) and Whipstitched Zombie (Prophecy)
Near-reprints[edit | edit source]
- Avacyn's Pilgrim is Llanowar Elves that produces instead of .
- Devil's Play is a Blaze with flashback, which itself is a Fireball without the option of additional targets.
- Faithless Looting is a colorshifted Careful Study with flashback.
- Infernal Plunge is a less effective, red version of Culling the Weak.
- Memory's Journey functions like a buffed up and colorshifted version of Krosan Reclamation.
- Parallel Lives is the token-copying half of Doubling Season.
- Havengul Runebinder is Cemetery Reaper but instead of removing a target creature card as part of the effect, it is part of the cost; instead of giving the Zombie creature token +1/+1 as part of its static ability, Havengul Runebinder puts a +1/+1 counter on it; and instead of being a black Zombie, Havengul Runebinder is a blue Human Wizard.