Phyrexian Gremlins[edit | edit source]
Two types of gremlins have been seen, with one type from each incarnation of Phyrexia: the Phyrexian Gremlins from the original plane and the Flensermite from Mirrodin.   The original phyrexian gremlins were the same type of being as ouphes, and were amidst the original inhabitants of their plane before Yawgmoth arrived, later being repurposed into menial labour units and artifact reprocessors.
Kaladesh Gremlins[edit | edit source]
Unlike the Black aligned phyrexian gremlins, Kaladesh's are primarily Red aligned. They are non-sapient, six-limbed, vaguely ant-eater- or aardvark-like creatures that feed on Aether, dismantling artifacts to get it. Their saliva is corrosive, allowing them to breach through metal hulls to reach their food. When they feed they glow in a faint blue colour. As a side effect of their extremely messy feeding, much of the aether is liberated back into the environment. Thus gremlins embody the "liberate" step of the Aether Cycle. Their crucial role is often undervalued by the former owners of their meals.
Gremlins breed during the warm season. Their youngs are called grubs.
Gremlin tokens[edit | edit source]
|Gremlin||Red||Creature — Gremlin||2/2|
References[edit | edit source]
- Mark Rosewater. (September 09, 2016.) "A few points", Blogatog, Tumblr.
- Monty Ashley. (May 11, 2011.) “Mistform Ultimus Watch: New Phyrexia”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Doug Beyer. (February 02, 2011.) “A Linguistic Look at Besieged”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- "Planes of Existence: Kaladesh" — Wizards of the Coast
- Magic Creative Team. (November 2, 2016.) “Planeswalker's Guide to Kaladesh”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.