|Last Used||Future Sight|
|Typical Text||Grandeur — Discard another card named CARDNAME: ...|
20% 20% 20% 20% 20%
Grandeur is an activated ability that can be activated by discarding a card with the same name as the card the ability appears on.
Mark Rosewater called the return of Grandeur unlikely, because of the popularity of the Commander format. The problem is it’s tied to legendary yet meaningless in the format (Commander) that cares most about that supertype.
- The grandeur ability can be activated only while the creature that has it is on the battlefield. To activate the ability, a different card with the same name must be discarded.
Legendary Creature — Dragon
Grandeur — Discard another card named Tarox Bladewing: Tarox Bladewing gets +X/+X until end of turn, where X is its power.
- Aaron Forsythe (April 13, 2007). "Grandeur, No Illusion". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater (November 20, 2016). "Where does the Grandeur mechanic fit on the Storm Scale?". Blogatog. Tumblr.
- Mark Rosewater (March 10, 2017). "Is the Grandeur mechanic scrapped?". Blogatog. Tumblr.
- Mark Rosewater (March 10, 2017). "Couldn't Grandeur just be put on a non-legendary creature?". Blogatog. Tumblr.
- Mark Rosewater (April 23, 2017). "Couldn't you bring back new cards with Grandeur?". Blogatog. Tumblr.