From the Vault: Relics
|From the Vault: Relics|
|Symbol description||An orb and a ring|
|Release date||August 27, 2010|
|From the Vault|
|Magic: The Gathering chronology|
Description[edit | edit source]
The set contains 15 artifact cards. The cards are printed with a black border, in the post-8th Edition (modern) card frame, and have the holographic foil treatment unique to the "From the Vault" series. Nine of the cards feature new, alternate art. In addition to this, From the Vaults: Relics contains a spindown life counter that bears the expansion symbol of the set, and a collector's guide.
Card list[edit | edit source]
- Aether Vial*
- Black Vise*
- Isochron Scepter*
- Ivory Tower*
- Jester's Cap
- Karn, Silver Golem#
- Mox Diamond*#
- Memory Jar#
- Nevinyrral's Disk*
- Sol Ring*
- Sundering Titan
- Sword of Body and Mind
- Zuran Orb*
Cards with new, alternate art are marked with an asterisk (*). Cards on the Reserved List are marked with a #
Reserved List issue[edit | edit source]
The set contained four cards that had been placed on the Reserved List. This was possible at the time, because of the loophole that permitted the cards to be printed as premium foils. However, concern from the community about future reprints prompted Wizards of the Coast to alter that policy.
References[edit | edit source]
- Wizards of the Coast. (January 4, 2010.) “Announcing From the Vaults: Relics”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Monty Ashley. (October 15, 2010.) “Wallpaper of the Week: Sol Ring”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater. (August 11, 2011.) "Why was the reserved list off-limits for FTV:Legends but not for FTV:Relics?", Blogatog, Tumblr.
- Mark Rosewater. (February 16, 2014.) "4 cards from FTV: Relics were on the Reserved List, including Karn, Masticore, Memory Jar and Mox Diamond.", Blogatog, Tumblr.
- Mark Rosewater. (June 29, 2012.) "Karn, Silver Golem is on the reserved list, and was reprinted in From the Vault: Relics. What's up with that?", Blogatog, Tumblr.
- Mark Rosewater. (December 20, 2014.) "Why was it allowed to reprint those cards from the reserved list?", Blogatog, Tumblr.
- Wizards of the Coast. (March 18, 2010.) “Revised Reprint Policy”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater. (December 27, 2012.) "Why did you close the premium loophole in the reserved list after FTV Relics came out?", Blogatog, Tumblr.
- Mark Rosewater. (November 22, 2013.) "What was the rationale for circumventing the reserved list", Blogatog, Tumblr.