|Last Used||Future Sight|
|Reminder Text||Fortify [cost] ([Cost]: Attach this Fortification to target land you control. Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery.)|
Fortify is a keyword ability that appears on Fortifications. It's exactly the same as equip, except that it affects a land instead of a creature. Fortify was introduced in Future Sight. It has only been printed on one card so far, the timeshifted Darksteel Garrison.
Rules[edit | edit source]
- A keyword ability that lets a player attach a Fortification to a land they control. See rule 301, “Artifacts,” and rule 702.66, “Fortify.”
- 702.66. Fortify
- 702.66a Fortify is an activated ability of Fortification cards. “Fortify [cost]” means “[Cost]: Attach this Fortification to target land you control. Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery.”
- 702.66b For more information about Fortifications, see rule 301, “Artifacts.”
- 702.66c If a Fortification has multiple instances of fortify, any of its fortify abilities may be used.
Rulings[edit | edit source]
- If Darksteel Garrison and the fortified land would be destroyed at the same time, only Darksteel Garrison is destroyed.
- The second ability triggers whenever the fortified land becomes tapped, not just when it's tapped for mana.
- The triggered ability is mandatory. If you don't have a creature to target, you must target another player's creature, if possible.
Examples[edit | edit source]
Artifact — Fortification
Fortified land has indestructible.
Whenever fortified land becomes tapped, target creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
Fortify (: Attach to target land you control. Fortify only as a sorcery. This card enters the battlefield unattached and stays on the battlefield if the land leaves.)