|Last Used||Future Sight|
|Reminder Text||Forecast [cost] (Play this ability only during your upkeep and only once each turn.)|
40% 30% 30%
Description[edit | edit source]
Forecast is an activated ability that a player can only use when the card is in his or her hand, and only during his or her upkeep. What the individual card does is usually related with what it does normally. (See the examples below.)
Rules[edit | edit source]
Rulings[edit | edit source]
- Playing a forecast ability doesn't cause the card to leave its owner's hand.
- Unless the card that the forecast ability is on leaves its owner's hand, that card remains continuously revealed from the time the ability is announced until that upkeep step ends.
- When a card that's been revealed to play a forecast ability leaves its owner's hand, it stops being revealed. *If that happens before the forecast ability resolves, it will resolve as normal.
- A player may play the forecast ability of any number of cards during his or her upkeep. However, the forecast ability of any card in that player's hand may be played a maximum of once during that upkeep.
- If a player plays a card's forecast ability, then that card leaves that player's hand, then that card is returned to that player's hand, all during the same upkeep, the card is considered a new object. The player may play that card's forecast ability again during that upkeep.
Examples[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Mark Rosewater. (May 2, 2016.) "Storm Scale: Ravnica and Return to Ravnica", magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Aaron Forsythe. (April 14, 2006.) "Clouds in the Forecast", magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater. (April 23, 2017.) "I'd love to hear some Ravnica mechanics trivia (either flavor, design, or function).", Blogatog, Tumblr.