We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
|Reminder Text:||Flash (You may cast this spell any time you could cast an instant.)|
|Statistics:|| 164 cards|
23% 19% 18% 7% 6%
Multicolor 13%, Artifact 6%, Land 1%
|Gatherer search for "Flash"|
Description[edit | edit source]
Flash first appeared in the Time Spiral expansion,  its first appearance in a core set was in Tenth Edition.  Although this ability existed before Time Spiral, this is the first time it was used a keyword. The earliest card with Flash is King Cheetah from Visions. Older cards with this ability have received errata to give them Flash.
Rules[edit | edit source]
Examples[edit | edit source]
Cards that grant Flash[edit | edit source]
|Cardtype||Name||Manacost||Grants flash to|
|Quick Sliver||Slivers (any player)|
|Rootwater Shaman||Auras with enchant creature|
|Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir||Creatures you own that aren't on the battlefield|
|Yeva, Nature's Herald||Green creatures|
|Prophet of Kruphix||Creatures|
|Enchantments||Aluren||Creatures with converted mana cost 3 or less (any player)|
|Leyline of Anticipation||Nonland cards|
|Vernal Equinox||Creatures and enchantments (any player)|
|Instants||Quicken||Next sorcery you cast this turn|
|Scout's Warning||Next creature you play this turn|
|Savage Summoning||Next creature you cast this turn|
|Artifacts||Vedalken Orrery||Nonland cards|
|Lands||Alchemist's Refuge||, (activation)||Nonland cards|
|Winding Canyons||, (activation)||Creatures (until end of turn)|
|Planes||Akoum||Enchantments (any player)|
References[edit | edit source]
- Mark Rosewater. (September 18, 2006.) “Plenty of Time”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater. (June 8, 2015.) “Evergreen Eggs & Ham”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Magic Arcana. (November 30, 2006.) “Got Flash?”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater. (April 27, 2017.) "Is every color at least tertiary in flash?", Blogatog, Tumblr.
- Mark Rosewater. (June 5, 2017.) “Mechanical Color Pie 2017”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.