As part of the Unified Community Platform project, this wiki and 38 others will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Minimal changes are expected as part of this migration. Read more here.
Time Spiral (keyword)
|Reminder Text||Flash (You may cast this spell any time you could cast an instant.)|
0.9% 22.2% 30.9% 7.8% 7.8% 16.5% 4.8% 2.2% 0.4% 0.9% 0.9% 4.8%
Flash first appeared in the Time Spiral expansion, its first appearance in a core set was in Tenth Edition. Although this ability existed before Time Spiral, this is the first time it was used a keyword. The earliest card with Flash is King Cheetah from Visions. Older cards with this ability have received errata to give them Flash.
- A keyword ability that lets a player play a card any time they could cast an instant. See rule 702.8, “Flash.”
- 702.8. Flash
- 702.8a Flash is a static ability that functions in any zone from which you could play the card it’s on. “Flash” means “You may play this card any time you could cast an instant.”
- 702.8b Multiple instances of flash on the same object are redundant.
Creature — Bear
Flash (You may cast this spell any time you could cast an instant.)
Cards that grant Flash
|Cardtype||Name||Mana cost||Grants flash to|
|Prophet of Kruphix||Creatures|
|Quick Sliver||Slivers (any player)|
|Raff Capashen, Ship's Mage||Historic spells|
|Rootwater Shaman||Auras with enchant creature|
|Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir||Creatures you own that aren't on the battlefield|
|Yeva, Nature's Herald||Green creatures|
|Enchantments||Aluren||Creatures with converted mana cost 3 or less (any player)|
|Leyline of Anticipation||Nonland cards|
|Vernal Equinox||Creatures and enchantments (any player)|
|Instants||Quicken||Next sorcery you cast this turn|
|Savage Summoning||Next creature you cast this turn|
|Scout's Warning||Next creature you play this turn|
|Artifacts||Vedalken Orrery||Nonland cards|
|Lands||Alchemist's Refuge||, (activation)||Nonland cards|
|Emergence Zone||,, Sacrifice Emergence Zone (activaton)||Nonland cards (until end of turn)|
|Winding Canyons||, (activation)||Creatures (until end of turn)|
|Planeswalkers||Teferi, Time Raveler||Sorceries until your next turn (+1 Loyalty Ability)|
|Vivien, Champion of the Wilds||Creatures (Static Ability)|
|Planes||Akoum||Enchantments (any player)|
- Mark Rosewater (September 18, 2006). "Plenty of Time". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater (June 8, 2015). "Evergreen Eggs & Ham". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Magic Arcana (November 30, 2006). "Got Flash?". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater (April 27, 2017). "Is every color at least tertiary in flash?". Blogatog. Tumblr.
- Mark Rosewater (June 5, 2017). "Mechanical Color Pie 2017". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater (January 14, 2018). "Flash has been upgraded to secondary in black.". Blogatog. Tumblr.