Fetch lands are lands that can be sacrificed to search their controller's library for a land of a specific basic land type. Aside from allowing multicoloured decks to selectively play a desired land type, fetch lands also remove a land from the library, reducing the likelihood of drawing a land instead of a more useful card later in the game, when mana is no longer an issue.
Mirage fetch lands[edit | edit source]
Fetch lands were introduced as a cycle from Mirage. Each of these original lands entered the battlefield tapped and can be sacrificed to search for a land card with at least one of two basic land types of an allied color pair.
Onslaught fetch lands[edit | edit source]Onslaught a new cycle of fetch lands was introduced. Each of these lands enter the battlefield untapped in contrast to their Mirage counterparts. They allow their controller to sacrifice them and pay one life to search their library for a land card with at least one of two basic land types of an allied color pair. These five lands were reprinted in Khans of Tarkir, and those printings also appear in Fate Reforged booster packs.
- Flooded Strand (/)
- Polluted Delta (/)
- Bloodstained Mire (/)
- Wooded Foothills (/)
- Windswept Heath (/)
Shards of Alara panoramas[edit | edit source]
Shards of Alara introduced a cycle of common Panoramas; one for each shard. In addition to possessing the ability to tap for , each of these has the ability, ", sacrifice", to allow its controller to search his or her library for a basic land card of one of the three basic land types of that shard, and put it onto the battlefield tapped.
Zendikar fetch lands[edit | edit source]
In Zendikar the lands from Onslaught got their enemy colors counterparts. Each of these lands enter the battlefield untapped. They allow their controller to sacrifice them and pay one life to search their library for a land card with at least one of two basic land types of an enemy color pair. These lands were reprinted in Modern Masters 2017.
Miscellaneous fetch lands[edit | edit source]
- Flagstones of Trokair from Time Spiral — Searches a Plains card when the card is put into the graveyard. The land is legendary.
- Krosan Verge from Judgment — Searches for a Forest card and a Plains card when paying .
- Terminal Moraine from Planeshift and Warped Landscape from Shadows over Innistrad — Searches for any basic land when paying .
- Terramorphic Expanse from Time Spiral and Evolving Wilds from Rise of the Eldrazi — Searches for any basic land.
- Thawing Glaciers from Alliances — Searches for any basic land when paying and is returned to the hand at the beginning of the next cleanup step instead of sacrificed.
- Myriad Landscape from Commander 2014 — Searches for up to two basic lands that share a land type when paying .
- Blighted Woodland from Battle for Zendikar — Searches for up to two basic lands when paying .
References[edit | edit source]