|Birthplace||New Prahv, Ravnica|
Fblthp serves the Azorius Senate, working in the Magister's Gardens. He was mostly left alone to do his duties, an arrangement he was quite happy with. He would tidy up and take care of the plants, content with his lot in life. One day, Arrester Parisha took him on a mission to capture the Rakdos criminal Vadax Gor, whose taste in victims had become more specialised and deviant. As part of the operation to apprehend the cultist, Fblthp was used as a lure. When Vadax quite literally took the bait, Parisha sprang into action and saved the put-upon homunculus.
For his participation and the mission's success, Fblthp was awarded with the possibility of his descendants petitioning the senate to create a tablet to register Fblthp's exploits upon his death.
Possibly depicted on:
Quoted or referenced:
- Fblthp lives on Ravnica. While the Conspiracy version of Provoke doesn't have a designated plane, the homunculus shown is confirmed to not be Fblthp.
- Mark Rosewater. (March 02, 2017.) "How do you pronounce Fblthp, as in Fblthp from Totally Lost?", Blogatog, Tumblr.
- Matt Tabak. (Februari 27, 2013.) "Fblthp", magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Bruce Richard. (October 21, 2014.) "Fblthp, Harbinger of Destruction", magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater. (September 10, 2018.) "I'm really getting worried about Fblthp.", Blogatog, Tumblr.
- Mark Rosewater's GDC 2016 talk, "Magic: the Gathering: Twenty Years, Twenty Lessons Learned", 25 minutes: 26 seconds into the youtube video, confirms that Fblthp is the homunculus in Statute of Denial.
- Mark Rosewater. (January 10, 2019.) "Do you know if WOTC asked Dmitry Burmak to put Fblthp in the art of Captive Audience or if he made that decision himself?", Blogatog, Tumblr.
- Bonnie Bruenderman. (June 11, 2014.) "My name is NOT…", magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.