|Reminder Text:||Fabricate N (When this permanent enters the battlefield, you may put N +1/+1 counters on it. If you don't, create N 1/1 colorless Servo artifact creature tokens.)|
|Statistics:|| 14 cards|
29% 29% 29% 14%
|Gatherer search for "Fabricate"|
When a creature with Fabricate enters the battlefield you may put a number of +1/+1 counters on the creature, or create a number of 1/1 colorless Servo artifact creature tokens. The number after fabricate tells you how many +1/+1 counters or Servos you get.
The fabricate ability triggers when the creature enters the battlefield, but you don't choose counters or tokens until that ability resolves. That means your opponent will have an opportunity to respond to the ability before you make that choice and before the +1/+1 counters or Servo tokens exist. If the creature with fabricate isn't on the battlefield as the fabricate ability resolves, you must choose to create the Servo tokens.
Rules[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Mark Rosewater. (January 14, 2018.) "Hey, Mark! Where is Fabricate in the storm scale? It's my favorite mechanic in Kaladesh", Blogatog, Tumblr.
- Matt Tabak. (September 2, 2016.) “Kaladesh Mechanics”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater. (September 19, 2016.) “Kaladesh Ingredients, Part 2”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Magic Twitch channel (September 2 2016). Magic at PAX: Kaladesh Debut.
[edit | edit source]
- Gavin Verhey. (September 22, 2016.) “How to Fabricate”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Sam Stoddard. (September 23, 2016.) “Developing Fabricate”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.