We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
Explorers of Ixalan
|This article documents an upcoming release.|
|Explorers of Ixalan|
|A steering wheel|
|November 24, 2017|
Themes and mechanics
|Game tiles, Counter Pieces|
Keywords and/or ability words
|Non-block, non-series set|
|Magic: The Gathering chronology|
|Iconic Masters||Explorers of Ixalan||From the Vault: Transform|
Explorers of Ixalan is an out-of-the-box multiplayer Magic set, that challenges you to defeat your opponents along the way as you search for the lost city of Orazca. It combines board game elements with regular play. Though thematically themed to Ixalan, the set is not considered to be part of the Ixalan block.
Set details[edit | edit source]
This set contains 4 sixty card preconstructed theme decks (all reprints), 4 deck boxes, 10 double-sided tokens, 50 game tiles (water and land, forming an island) and 40 counter pieces (depicting the factions). Games take about 40 to 45 minutes and can support 2 to 4 players.
Players battle over a board of hexagonal tiles they may claim by paying the amount of mana shown on the back face. Each tile then reveals either an event for an immediate effect, a quest for a reward on completion, or a site that grants a continuous effect but can be stolen by other players. The more tiles revealed, the closer the players get to revealing the Golden City of Orazca. The pool of tiles (50) is larger than the number that are actually used each game (29), so some variation occurs.
Theme decks[edit | edit source]
- Legion of Dusk — Midrange Vampires with flying and life gain.
- Brazen Coalition — Aggro Pirates
- River Heralds — Prowess Merfolk
- Sun Empire — Ramp Dinosaurs
|Theme deck name||Colors included|
|Legion of Dusk||W||B|
Promotional cards[edit | edit source]
Reprints[edit | edit source]
- Beacon of Immortality First printed in Fifth Dawn, last seen in Tenth Edition.
- Day of Judgment
- Blatant Thievery First printed in Scourge, last seen in Commander 2015. New art and flavor text.
- Merfolk Sovereign First printed in Magic 2010, last seen in Magic 2011. New art and flavor text.
- Threads of Disloyalty First printed in Betrayers of Kamigawa, last seen in Amonkhet Invocations.
- Time Warp First printed in Tempest, last seen in Magic 2010.
- Vampire Nighthawk Number not yet confirmed
- Vampire Noble Number not yet confirmed
- Aggravated Assault First printed in Onslaught, last seen in Amonkhet Invocations.
- Shared Animosity First printed in Morningtide
- Rancor Number not yet confirmed
- Lightning Helix Number not yet confirmed
- Adaptive Automaton
- Quicksilver Amulet First printed in Urza's Legacy, last seen in Magic 2012.
- Jungle Shrine New art. Number not yet confirmed
- Tainted Field Number not yet confirmed
Tokens[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]