|Introduced||Dragons of Tarkir|
|Last Used||Dragons of Tarkir|
|Reminder Text||Exploit (When this creature enters the battlefield, you may sacrifice a creature.)|
Exploit is a keyword ability introduced in Dragons of Tarkir, where it is the signature ability of the blue-black Clan Silumgar. When a creature with exploit enters the battlefield, the player may sacrifice a creature. Each creature with exploit has another ability that gives the player a benefit when it "exploits a creature" This means when the player sacrificed a creature because of its exploit ability.
Rules[edit | edit source]
Rulings[edit | edit source]
- You choose whether to sacrifice a creature and which creature to sacrifice as the exploit ability resolves.
- You can sacrifice the creature with exploit if it’s still on the battlefield. This will cause its other ability to trigger.
- You can’t sacrifice more than one creature to any one exploit ability.
- The extra ability doesn't trigger if the player sacrificed a creature for any other reason, including the exploit ability of a different creature.
- A player can sacrifice any creature he or she controls when the exploit ability resolves, including the creature with exploit itself.
- You don't have to sacrifice a creature if you don't want to.
Examples[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Mark Rosewater (February 29, 2016). "Storm Scale: Khans of Tarkir Block". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater (April 20, 2015). "Parallel Design". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Matt Tabak (March 2, 2015). "Mechanics of Dragons of Tarkir". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Wizards of the Coast (March 18, 2015). "Dragons of Tarkir Release Notes". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.