Description[edit | edit source]
Constantly striving for self-perfection, Estrid fashions the magical masks that imbue her with the strengths and skills of the creatures they represent. Calm and collected in times of danger, Estrid takes pride in her flexibility. She is always ready with the right face – and set of talents – for whatever challenge she encounters. Her arsenal of enchanted masks lets her shift seamlessly between the powers and fighting styles of countless creatures to adapt to enemy tactics. As Estrid journeys through the Multiverse, she seeks mighty creatures with unique fighting styles and weaves their powers into new masks.
Her further background is unknown.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Estrid is the first, and so far only, card to make an aura enchantment token.
- Estrid has proven to be problematic for some franchise purposes (R&D is more conscious these days of how well the character can be illustrated in other medium and her power suite doesn’t animate well). Therefore, Mark Rosewater is skeptical that she will be seen in Standard.
In-game references[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Scott Larabee (July 25, 2018). "Estrid, the Masked". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Commander 2018 blurbs
- Mark Rosewater (March 13, 2020). "Can I have an obscure trivia about Estrid or enchantments matters?". Blogatog. Tumblr.
- Mark Rosewater (March 14, 2020). "When Calix was released ...". Blogatog. Tumblr.
- Mark Rosewater (March 14, 2020). "Can you elaborate on that?". Blogatog. Tumblr.
- Mark Rosewater (March 14, 2020). "Could Estrid be tweaked to be more media friendly?". Blogatog. Tumblr.