Darien's Roost was a small mountain town founded during the peacemaking between Kjeldor and Balduvia. It was the first Kjeldoran outpost allowed to be constructed in the Karplusan Mountains — an ideal trading location for both Kjeldor and Balduvia.
Over a span of three hundred years Epityr grew out of the small settlement of Darien's Roost into a prosperous town dedicated solely to the descendants of Kjeldor. During the Sheoltun occupation the people of Epityr were forced to model their culture after the Sheoltun way of life. After forty years of oppression the Songwizard Thabit of Almaaz brought forth Serra Angels to aid the rebellion against Sheoltun. It is believed that if Epityr is truly threatened again, Serra herself will appear with all her angels to defeat the enemies of those under her care.
Epityr houses the Epityr College of Mages and the Argivian University. The town somehow survived as a center of learning even after the Phyrexian Invasion of Dominaria, up to the period when the rifts appeared.
- Monty Ashley (October 21, 2010). "From the Library of Leng: Serra Angel". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Ethan Fleischer (April 20, 2018). "Dominarian Cartography". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Encyclopedia Dominia - The Church of Angelfire (archived)
- Flavor text for Sage of Epityr
- Flavor text for Tablet of Epityr