Some cards forcibly end the turn. Magic R&D use the slang term manipulate time for this ability.
It is a primary in blue and flavored as time manipulation (Time Stop, Day's Undoing) Red has done it once with a "lose at end of next turn" rider (Glorious End).
It also appears on the artifact Sundial of the Infinite.
From the Comprehensive Rules (Guilds of Ravnica (January 25, 2019))
- 716. Ending the Turn
- 716.1. Some cards end the turn. When an effect ends the turn, follow these steps in order, as they differ from the normal process for resolving spells and abilities (see rule 608, "Resolving Spells and Abilities").
- 716.1a If there are any triggered abilities that triggered before this process began but haven't been put onto the stack yet, those abilities cease to exist. They won't be put onto the stack. This rule does not apply to abilities that trigger during this process (see rule 716.2).
- 716.1b Exile every object on the stack, including the object that's resolving. Remove all creatures and planeswalkers from combat. All objects not on the battlefield or in the command zone that aren't represented by cards will cease to exist the next time state-based actions are checked (see rule 704, "State-Based Actions").
- 716.1c Check state-based actions. No player gets priority, and no triggered abilities are put onto the stack.
- 716.1d The current phase and/or step ends. The game skips straight to the cleanup step; skip any phases or steps between this phase or step and the cleanup step. If an effect ends the turn during the cleanup step, a new cleanup step begins.
- 716.2. No player gets priority during this process, so triggered abilities are not put onto the stack. If any triggered abilities have triggered since this process began, those abilities are put onto the stack during the cleanup step, then the active player gets priority and players can cast spells and activate abilities. Then there will be another cleanup step before the turn finally ends. If no triggered abilities have triggered during this process, no player gets priority during the cleanup step. See rule 514, "Cleanup Step."
- 716.3. Even though the turn ends, "at the beginning of the end step" triggered abilities don't trigger because the end step is skipped.
From the glossary of the Comprehensive Rules (Guilds of Ravnica (January 25, 2019))
- End the Turn
- To "end the turn" as the result of an effect is to perform an expedited process that skips nearly everything else that would happen that turn. See rule 716, "Ending the Turn."