We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Eighth Edition/Core Game
The Eighth Edition Core Game was a 2-Player Starter Set, which was released as part the Eighth Edition Core Set. It was a starter-level product that came in two versions: with or without a CD-ROM. The contents were very similar to the Seventh Edition/2-Player Starter Set.
Contents[edit | edit source]
- 2 33-card preconstructed decks
- 1 seeded booster pack with 14 advanced cards (artifacts, enchantments and Instants)
- and 1 foil Elvish Champion
- Two playmats to explain the different game zones
- 2 cardboard life counters
- 2 player guides which cover 1 demo game
- 1 enhanced rule book with Eighth Edition rules
- 1 CD which contains 2 explanatory test games, basic information about how to play Magic, and Magic Online software (CD-version only)
- 1 manual for Magic Online (CD-version only)
Core game cards[edit | edit source]
The Eighth Edition Core Game contains seven cards that don't appear in Eighth Edition boosters. These cards are numbered S1/7 through S7/7, and they use the Eighth Edition expansion symbol. All of these cards are part of the Eighth Edition core set and are legal for play in all tournaments in which the Eighth Edition core set is legal.
- S1 Eager Cadet
- S2 Vengeance
- S3 Giant Octopus
- S4 Sea Eagle
- S5 Vizzerdrix
- S6 Enormous Baloth
- S7 Silverback Ape
Decklists[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]