Duel Decks: Speed vs. Cunning
|Duel Decks: Speed vs. Cunning|
|Symbol description||Combination of Mardu and Jeskai symbols.|
|Release date||September 5, 2014|
(two 60-card theme decks)
(for Duel Decks N)
|Magic: The Gathering Chronology|
Duel Decks: Speed vs. Cunning is the 14th set in the Duel Decks series. It was released on September 5, 2014, with an MSRP of US$19.99. These are the first Duel Decks released with M15 card frames.
Apart from that, only five cards received new artwork: Arcanis the Omnipotent, Repeal, Goblin Bombardment, Infantry Veteran and Fleshbag Marauder, with only three more cards — Reckless Abandon, Echo Tracer and Lightning Angel — printed in a modern frame for the first time. Zurgo Helmsmasher also had different art than the one that would be released in Khans of Tarkir later.
Racing across the blazing steppe, the wave of attackers crests the barren hills. Nothing can stop their reckless advance. These warriors live fast, fight hard, and strike terror into the hearts of those in their path. The scarred countryside seems abandoned. Then, suddenly, hidden fighters spring from ambush. The overconfident enemy recoils in surprise, outflanked and outsmarted. Who will prevail, the swift or the sly?
Notes and references
- Printed on the card frame.
- Duel Decks have a three-letter code of DD + an incrementing letter of the English alphabet (regardless of deck name.)
- Wizards of the Coast (April 02, 2014). "Announcing Duel Decks: Speed vs. Cunning". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Blake Rasmussen (August 18, 2014). "Duel Decks: Speed vs. Cunning". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater (July 26, 2014). "All The Goods From The Panel, Part 2". Blogatog. Tumblr.
- Blake Rasmussen (August 19, 2014). "New Art in Duel Decks: Speed vs. Cunning". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.