Gamepedia was upgraded to MediaWiki version 1.31 on Wednesday November 14th. To learn more about the upgrade and its effects click here.
Duel Decks: Mind vs. Might
|Duel Decks: Mind vs. Might|
|Art direction||Jeremy Jarvis|
|Release date||March 31, 2017|
(in two 60-card theme decks)
(for Duel Decks S)
|Magic: The Gathering chronology|
Description[edit | edit source]
The two decks represent the age-old clash between mages and warriors, brains and brawn. Will calculated schemes of the mind outwit and prevail? Or will the pure, bold power of might triumph? Mind is represented by Legendary creature Jhoira of the Ghitu and Might is represented by Legendary creature Lovisa Coldeyes. The two premium legendary cards, along with The Unspeakable, Desperate Ritual, Guttural Response and Zo-Zu the Punisher feature new artwork.
Each deck contains 11 rares, compared to 6 in the preceding Duel Deck.
Decklists[edit | edit source]
Mind[edit | edit source]
The rares in this deck are Jhoira of the Ghitu (mythic), Jori En, Ruin Diver, Talrand, Sky Summoner, Sage-Eye Avengers, Deep-Sea Kraken, The Unspeakable, Quicken, Mind's Desire, Volcanic Vision, Firemind's Foresight and Beacon of Tomorrows. The tokens are:
- 2/2 Drake with Flying for Talrand, the Sky Summoner
- 1/1 Elemental for Young Pyromancer (2x)
- 1/1 Goblin for Empty the Warrens (2x)
Might[edit | edit source]
The rares in this deck are Lovisa Coldeyes (mythic), Talara's Battalion, Radha, Heir to Keld, Zo-Zu the Punisher, Rubblebelt Raiders, Kamahl, Pit Fighter, Call of the Herd (2x), Increasing Savagery, Coat of Arms and Beacon of Destruction.
The tokens are:
- 4/4 Beast for Beast Attack
- 3/3 Elephant for Call of the Herd (2x)
- 1/1 Elf Warrior Ambassador Oak
- 6/6 Wurm for Roar of the Wurm
References[edit | edit source]
- Product information
- Wizards of the Coast. (August 31, 2016.) “Announcement Day”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Blake Rasmussen. (March 10, 2017.) “Duel Decks: Mind vs. Might Packaging”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Nicholas Wolfram. (March 20, 2017.) “Duel Decks: Mind vs. Might”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.