Duel Decks: Ajani vs. Nicol Bolas
|Duel Decks: Ajani vs. Nicol Bolas|
|Symbol description||The axe of Ajani and the horns of Bolas.|
|Release date||September 2, 2011|
|Themes and mechanics||Life gain|
(two 60-card theme decks)
(for Duel Decks H)
|Magic: The Gathering Chronology|
Ajani vs. Nicol Bolas contains two preconstructed theme decks, one centered around Ajani Vengeant and the other around Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker. Ajani vs. Nicol Bolas depicts the rivalry of two planeswalkers and has a flavor-based theme, as well as a mechanic-based theme.
Ajani vs. Nicol Bolas features two cards with alternate art and holographic foil treatment; Ajani Vengeant and Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker. Furthermore, the set includes another four cards with alternate art; Behemoth Sledge, Countersquall, Deep Analysis, and Lightning Helix.
In addition to this, the Duel Deck contains a Magic "learn to play" guide, a strategy insert, and two creature tokens. The creature tokens are:
- 2/2 Griffin with flying, produced by Griffin Guide
- 1/1 Saproling, produced by Vitu-Ghazi, the City-Tree and Jade Mage
1 Kird Ape
- Product info
- Monty Ashley (February 22, 2011). "Announcing Duel Decks: Ajani vs. Nicol Bolas". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Monty Ashley (August 24, 2011). "Ajani vs. Nicol Bolas Decklists". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Monty Ashley (July 5, 2011). "Ajani vs. Nicol Bolas". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.