Original dual lands[edit | edit source]
Allied colored[edit | edit source]
Enemy colored[edit | edit source]
Legacy[edit | edit source]
Popular dual land cycles have been printed in numerous sets, including:
|Cycle||Type||Original Set||Major Reprints||Note|
|Pain lands||Ally-colored||Ice Age|| Fifth Edition / Sixth Edition / Seventh Edition
Ninth Edition / Tenth Edition
|Enemy-colored||Apocalypse|| Magic 2015 / Magic Origins |
Ninth Edition / Tenth Edition
|Pain lands||Enemy-colored||Tempest||Vintage Masters||Enters the battlefield tapped|
|Fetch lands||Ally-colored||Mirage||Vintage Masters||Enters the battlefield tapped|
|Fetch lands||Ally-colored||Onslaught||Khans of Tarkir / Zendikar Expeditions||Fetches lands with basic land types|
|Enemy-colored||Zendikar||Modern Masters 2017 / Zendikar Expeditions|
|Filter lands||Ally-colored||Eventide||Zendikar Expeditions|
|Bounce lands||Ally and enemy-colored||Ravnica block||Enters the battlefield tapped|
|Shock lands||Ally and enemy-colored||Ravnica block||Return to Ravnica block / Zendikar Expeditions||Has basic land types|
|Future Sight lands||Ally-colored||Future Sight||Iconic Masters||Special cycle of different mechanics|
|Scry lands||Ally and enemy-colored||Theros block||Enters the battlefield tapped|
|Battle lands||Ally-colored||Battle for Zendikar||Zendikar Expeditions||Has basic land types|
|Check lands||Ally-colored||Magic 2010||Magic 2011 / Magic 2012 / Magic 2013 / Ixalan||Checks for basic land types|
|Enemy-colored||Battle for Zendikar block|
|Fast lands||Ally-colored||Scars of Mirrodin|
|Reveal lands||Ally-colored||Shadows over Innistrad||Works with nonbasic lands that have basic land types|
|Bicycle lands||Ally-colored||Amonkhet||Enters the battlefield tapped, has basic land types|
|Bond lands||Ally-colored||Battlebond||Enters the battlefield tapped unless controller has two or more opponents|
There are also a few notable "triple lands" cycles that produce three colors of mana; a cycle of shard-colored triple lands was printed in Shards of Alara and a cycle of wedge-colored triple lands was printed in Khans of Tarkir.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Volcanic Island was not printed in Alpha through internal error. This oversight was corrected in Beta.
- Plateau has an alternate art in the Revised version due to lost and corrupted art.
- All original dual lands received new art for Magic Online.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Devin Low. (June 13, 2008.) “Why Are Dual Lands Usually Allied-Colored”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater. (May 20, 2013.) “Gates Foundation”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Sam Stoddard. (October 9, 2015.) “The Power of Lands”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater. (February 27, 2017.) “Get Ready to Dual”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Aaron Forsythe. (April 20, 2007.) “When a Cycle Isn't a Cycle”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Tom LaPille. (September 17, 2010.) “The Promised Land”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Wizards of the Coast. (February 20, 2002.) “Plateau(s)”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Monty Ashley. (May 9, 2012.) “Dual Lands in the Magic Online Cube”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.