We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Original dual lands[edit | edit source]
Allied colored[edit | edit source]
Enemy colored[edit | edit source]
Legacy[edit | edit source]
Popular dual land cycles have been printed in numerous sets, including:
|Cycle||Type||Original Set||Major Reprints||Note|
|Pain lands||Ally-colored||Ice Age||Fifth Edition, Sixth Edition, Seventh Edition, Ninth Edition, Tenth Edition|
|Enemy-colored||Apocalypse||Ninth Edition, Tenth Edition, Magic 2015, Magic Origins|
|Pain lands||Enemy-colored||Tempest||Vintage Masters||Enters the battlefield tapped|
|Fetch lands||Ally-colored||Mirage||Vintage Masters||Enters the battlefield tapped|
|Fetch lands||Ally-colored||Onslaught||Khans of Tarkir, Zendikar Expeditions||Fetches lands with basic land types|
|Enemy-colored||Zendikar||Modern Masters 2017, Zendikar Expeditions|
|Filter lands||Ally-colored||Future Sight (incomplete)||Shadowmoor (complete), Zendikar Expeditions|
|Enemy-colored||Eventide||Zendikar Expeditions, Masters 25|
|Bounce lands||Ally and enemy-colored||Ravnica block||Iconic Masters||Enters the battlefield tapped|
|Shock lands||Ally and enemy-colored||Ravnica block||Return to Ravnica block, Zendikar Expeditions, Guilds of Ravnica block||Has basic land types|
|Nimbus lands||Ally-colored||Future Sight (incomplete)||Iconic Masters (incomplete)||Adds colored mana only if the player already has a land in play that provides the allied color.|
|Changing lands||Ally-colored||Future Sight (incomplete)||Iconic Masters (incomplete)||The color of the added mana is dependent on the fact if another has been played or not.|
|Opponents' boon lands||Ally-colored||Future Sight (incomplete)||Iconic Masters (incomplete)||Opponents gain 1 life when tapped.|
|Horizon lands||Ally-colored||Future Sight (incomplete)||Modern Horizons (incomplete)||Pain lands that can be sacrificed to draw a card.|
|Scry lands||Ally and enemy-colored||Theros block||Magic 2020 (enemy-colored )||Enters the battlefield tapped|
|Battle lands||Ally-colored||Battle for Zendikar||Zendikar Expeditions||Has basic land types|
|Check lands||Ally-colored||Magic 2010||Magic 2011, Magic 2012, Magic 2013, Ixalan||Checks for basic land types|
|Dual-colored manlands||Ally-colored||Worldwake||Ultimate Masters||Enters the battlefield tapped, can become creatures until end of turn|
|Enemy-colored||Battle for Zendikar block|
|Fast lands||Ally-colored||Scars of Mirrodin||Enters untapped as long as you control less than two other lands|
|Reveal lands||Ally-colored||Shadows over Innistrad||Works with nonbasic lands that have basic land types|
|Bicycle lands||Ally-colored||Amonkhet||Enters the battlefield tapped, has basic land types, cycles for|
|Bond lands||Ally-colored||Battlebond||Enters the battlefield tapped unless controller has two or more opponents|
|Aggro lands||Enemy-colored (incomplete)||Mystery Booster||Taps before the combat phase (test card)|
There are also a few notable "triple lands" cycles that produce three colors of mana; a cycle of shard-colored triple lands was printed in Shards of Alara and a cycle of wedge-colored triple lands was printed in Khans of Tarkir.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Volcanic Island was not printed in Alpha through internal error. This oversight was corrected in Beta.
- Plateau has an alternate art in the Revised version due to lost and corrupted art.
- All original dual lands received new art for Magic Online.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Devin Low (June 13, 2008). "Why Are Dual Lands Usually Allied-Colored". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater (May 20, 2013). "Gates Foundation". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Sam Stoddard (October 9, 2015). "The Power of Lands". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater (February 27, 2017). "Get Ready to Dual". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Aaron Forsythe (April 20, 2007). "When a Cycle Isn't a Cycle". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Tom LaPille (September 17, 2010). "The Promised Land". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Wizards of the Coast (February 20, 2002). "Plateau(s)". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Monty Ashley (May 9, 2012). "Dual Lands in the Magic Online Cube". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.