Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Original dual lands[edit | edit source]
Allied colored[edit | edit source]
Enemy colored[edit | edit source]
Legacy[edit | edit source]
Popular dual land cycles have been printed in numerous sets, including:
|Cycle||Type||Original Set||Major Reprints||Note|
|Pain lands||Ally-colored||Ice Age||Fifth Edition, Sixth Edition, Seventh Edition, Ninth Edition, Tenth Edition|
|Enemy-colored||Apocalypse||Ninth Edition, Tenth Edition, Magic 2015, Magic Origins|
|Pain lands||Enemy-colored||Tempest||Vintage Masters||Enters the battlefield tapped|
|Fetch lands||Ally-colored||Mirage||Vintage Masters||Enters the battlefield tapped|
|Fetch lands||Ally-colored||Onslaught||Khans of Tarkir, Zendikar Expeditions||Fetches lands with basic land types|
|Enemy-colored||Zendikar||Modern Masters 2017, Zendikar Expeditions|
|Filter lands||Ally-colored||Shadowmoor||Zendikar Expeditions|
|Enemy-colored||Eventide||Zendikar Expeditions, Masters 25|
|Bounce lands||Ally and enemy-colored||Ravnica block||Iconic Masters||Enters the battlefield tapped|
|Shock lands||Ally and enemy-colored||Ravnica block||Return to Ravnica block, Zendikar Expeditions, Guilds of Ravnica block||Has basic land types|
|Future Sight lands||Ally-colored||Future Sight||Iconic Masters||Special cycle of different mechanics|
|Scry lands||Ally and enemy-colored||Theros block||Magic 2020 ( Enemy-colored )||Enters the battlefield tapped|
|Battle lands||Ally-colored||Battle for Zendikar||Zendikar Expeditions||Has basic land types|
|Check lands||Ally-colored||Magic 2010||Magic 2011, Magic 2012, Magic 2013, Ixalan||Checks for basic land types|
|Dual-colored manlands||Ally-colored||Worldwake||Ultimate Masters|
|Enemy-colored||Battle for Zendikar block|
|Fast lands||Ally-colored||Scars of Mirrodin||Enter Untapped as long as you control two other lands|
|Reveal lands||Ally-colored||Shadows over Innistrad||Works with nonbasic lands that have basic land types|
|Bicycle lands||Ally-colored||Amonkhet||Enters the battlefield tapped, has basic land types, cycles for|
|Bond lands||Ally-colored||Battlebond||Enters the battlefield tapped unless controller has two or more opponents|
|Horizon lands||Enemy-colored||Modern Horizons||Pain lands that can be sacrificed to draw a card. Horizon Canopy is the only ally-colored version.|
There are also a few notable "triple lands" cycles that produce three colors of mana; a cycle of shard-colored triple lands was printed in Shards of Alara and a cycle of wedge-colored triple lands was printed in Khans of Tarkir.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Volcanic Island was not printed in Alpha through internal error. This oversight was corrected in Beta.
- Plateau has an alternate art in the Revised version due to lost and corrupted art.
- All original dual lands received new art for Magic Online.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Devin Low (June 13, 2008). "Why Are Dual Lands Usually Allied-Colored". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater (May 20, 2013). "Gates Foundation". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Sam Stoddard (October 9, 2015). "The Power of Lands". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater (February 27, 2017). "Get Ready to Dual". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Aaron Forsythe (April 20, 2007). "When a Cycle Isn't a Cycle". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Tom LaPille (September 17, 2010). "The Promised Land". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Wizards of the Coast (February 20, 2002). "Plateau(s)". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Monty Ashley (May 9, 2012). "Dual Lands in the Magic Online Cube". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.