|Last Used||Fate Reforged|
|Reminder Text||Delve (Each card you exile from your graveyard while casting this spell pays for .)|
31.8% 59.1% 9.1%
Delve is an alternative cost payment keyword ability. It was introduced in Future Sight. At the time, it was only printed on three timeshifted cards and was a cost reduction. It was re-introduced as the clan specific mechanic for the Sultai Brood in Khans of Tarkir and Fate Reforged.
Rules[edit | edit source]
Rulings[edit | edit source]
- The rules for delve have changed slightly since it was last in an expansion. Previously, delve reduced the cost to cast a spell. Under the current rules, you exile cards from your graveyard at the same time you pay the spell’s cost. Exiling a card this way is simply another way to pay that cost. (This is similar to the change made to convoke for the Magic 2015 Core Set.)
- You can’t exile cards to pay for the colored mana requirements of a spell with delve.
- You can’t exile more cards than the generic mana requirement of a spell with delve. For example, you can’t exile more than nine cards from your graveyard to cast Dead Drop.
- Because delve isn’t an alternative cost, it can be used in conjunction with alternative costs.
Examples[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Mark Rosewater (February 29, 2016). "Storm Scale: Khans of Tarkir Block". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Sam Stoddard (September 5, 2014). "Delving the Pits". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Matt Tabak (August 31, 2014). "Mechanics of Khans of Tarkir". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Matt Tabak (December 29, 2014). "Mechanics of Fate Reforged". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.