We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
|Reminder Text:||Crew N (Tap any number of untapped creatures you control with total power N or greater: This permanent becomes an artifact creature until end of turn.)|
|Gatherer search for "Crew"|
Crew is a keyword ability introduced in Kaladesh to enable the vehicle artifact subtype. It allows vehicles to become artifact creatures until end of turn. It was also used in Aether Revolt. and Ixalan which made the mechanic Crew available in two different non-neighbouring blocks in Standard.
Description[edit | edit source]
To activate the crew ability, tap any number of creatures you control with total power equal to or greater than the crew number. Because the crew ability doesn't use the tap symbol, you can tap any untapped creature you control, even one that just entered the battlefield. You can even tap an animated Vehicle to crew another Vehicle.
Rules[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Matt Tabak. (September 2, 2016.) “Kaladesh Mechanics”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater. (January 2, 2017.) “A Revolting Development (and Design), Part 1”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Matt Tabak. (January 2, 2017.) “Aether Revolt Mechanics”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Matt Tabak. (August 28, 2017.) “Ixalan Mechanics”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Ken Nagle. (September 5, 2017.) “Conquering the Design of Ixalan”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Magic Twitch channel (September 2 2016). Magic at PAX: Kaladesh Debut.