Core Set 2019, also known as Core 2019, is the 18th Magic core set. It is the first core set to be reintroduced under the Three-and-One Model and will be released on July 13, 2018
Core sets were discontinued after Magic Origins in 2015, but are reintroduced with Core 2019. The reintroduction makes it possible to move away from the Two-Block Paradigm, and create room to print three large standalone sets each year. Like Magic 2010 to Magic Origins before, new core sets will contain a mix of new and reprinted cards. However, they will be primarily geared toward incoming players. They also will have a stronger integration with the Welcome decks, Planeswalker decks and Deck Builder's Toolkit, allowing for an easier transition between the products.
Core Set 2019 contains 269 cards (presumably 20 basic land, 101 common, 80 uncommon, 53 rare, and 15 mythic rare) and includes randomly inserted premium versions of all cards. Additional cards are found in the set's planeswalker decks.
It is as yet unknown if the new core sets will have a storyline.
Core Set 2019 is sold in 16-card boosters (one card being a marketing card), two planeswalker decks, the Core 2019 bundle and a Deck Builder's Toolkit.
Core 2019 features an unknown number of planeswalker decks, that come with only one booster.
- ↑ a b Wizards of the Coast. (January 15, 2018.) “Core Set 2019 Release Date Changed”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- ↑ Product information
- ↑ .Wizards of the Coast. (June 14, 2017.) “25th Anniversary Announcement Day 2017”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- ↑ Mark Rosewater. (September 20, 2017.) "So what made you guys bring back core sets?", Blogatog, Tumblr.
- ↑ Mark Rosewater. (June 12, 2017.) “Metamorphosis 2.0”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- ↑ Product information (WPN)
- ↑ News.toyark.com (picture)
Magic: The Gathering sets