|Introduced||Journey into Nyx|
|Last Used||Commander 2018|
|Typical Text||Constellation — Whenever this card or another enchantment enters the battlefield under your control, …|
11.1% 11.1% 33.3% 5.6% 33.3% 5.6%
An enchantment's constellation ability triggers every time it or another enchantment enters the battlefield under the player's control. Most of the enchantments with constellation abilities in Journey into Nyx are enchantment creatures, but not all of them.
- A constellation ability triggers whenever an enchantment enters the battlefield under your control for any reason. Enchantments with other card types, such as enchantment creatures, will also cause constellation abilities to trigger.
- An Aura spell without bestow that has an illegal target when it tries to resolve will be countered and put into its owner’s graveyard. It won’t enter the battlefield and constellation abilities won’t trigger. An Aura spell with bestow won’t be countered this way. It will revert to being an enchantment creature and resolve, entering the battlefield and triggering constellation abilities.
- When an enchantment enters the battlefield under your control, each constellation ability of permanents you control will trigger. You can put these abilities on the stack in any order. The last ability you put on the stack will be the first one that resolves.
Enchantment Creature — Nymph
Constellation — Whenever Whitewater Naiads or another enchantment enters the battlefield under your control, target creature can't be blocked this turn.
- Mark Rosewater (April 7, 2014). "The Incredible Journey, Part 1". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Kelly Digges (April 6, 2014). "Mechanics of Journey into Nyx". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater (April 28, 2014). "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater (October 29, 2012). "Designing for Azorius". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater (May 24, 2016). "Mention of an unused Azorius mechanic in the Designing for Azorius article". Blogatog. Tumblr.
- Mark Rosewater (August 01, 2017). "Trivia on one of my favorite mechanics constellation?". Blogatog. Tumblr.