Description[edit | edit source]
The city's blessing refers to Orazca, the Golden City that the different factions are racing for in the storyline. If you have the city's blessing, you gain a significant advantage depending on the spell you played.
Rules[edit | edit source]
- 702.130c The city’s blessing is a designation that has no rules meaning other than to act as a marker that other rules and effects can identify. Any number of players may have the city’s blessing at the same time.
- 702.130d After a player gets the city’s blessing, continuous effects are reapplied before the game checks to see if the game state or preceding events have matched any trigger conditions.
- City’s Blessing
- A designation a player can have. The ascend keyword causes a player to get this designation once they control ten permanents. See rule 702.130, “Ascend.”
Rulings[edit | edit source]
- The city's blessing isn't a permanent or emblem, and nothing can destroy it or otherwise interact with it.
- The printed card is only used as a reminder.
Cards that give the city's blessing[edit | edit source]
All card with Ascend:
- Expel from Orazca
- Kumena's Awakening
- Secrets of the Golden City
- Slippery Scoundrel
- Spire Winder
- Timestream Navigator