In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
Challenger Decks 2020
|Challenger Decks 2020|
|Set symbol||This set has no own expansion symbol.|
|Symbol description||Cards use the symbol of their original expansion.|
|Release date||March 27, 2020|
|Set size||Four 75-card constructed decks|
|Challenger Deck series|
|Magic: The Gathering Chronology|
Challenger Decks 2020 is a set of four individual preconstructed 75-card challenger decks that became available on March 27, 2020. The earlier announced release date of April 3, 2020 was bumped up as one of the measures to fight the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Description[edit | edit source]
Like its previous installment, these challenger decks are built with more tournament-play competitive players in mind. The 75-card decks are geared toward Standard play for the Friday Night Magic player. They are intended to be playable and competitive at a local level right out of the box. All cards will have been previously printed in Standard and are Standard-legal.
The decks are available worldwide in English, with Japanese available in Japan.
Contents[edit | edit source]
Each package contains:
- a 60-card main deck
- a 15-card sideboard
- 5 double-sided tokens
- a quick reference guide
- a box capable of holding 75 sleeved cards
Decks[edit | edit source]
|Flash of Ferocity||U||G|
Tokens[edit | edit source]
Each deck comes with 5 double-sided tokens, pulled from the following list (original expansion and token number in parentheses):
- 2/2 Spirit creature (WAR #1)
- 1/1 Human creature (ELD #2)
- 2/2 Wizard creature (WAR #5)
- 1/1 Devil creature with “When this creature dies, it deals 1 damage to any target” (WAR #12)
- 4/4 Dragon creature with flying (WAR #13)
- 1/1 Elemental creature (M20 #7)
- 1/1 Satyr creature with “This creature can’t block” (THB #9)
- 2/2 Wolf creature (M20 #8)
- 1/1 Servo artifact creature (WAR #18)
- Emblem for Vraska, Golgari Queen (GRN #8)
- On an Adventure marker (ELD #20)
References[edit | edit source]
- Blake Rasmussen (December 18, 2019). "Announcing Challenger Decks 2020". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Kendall Pepple (February 15, 2020). "Challenger Decks 2020". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Magic: The Gathering (January 19, 2020). "Good news if you’ve been liking them: we’ve bumped up the original 4/3 release.". Twitter.