|Dissension, see also references|
Borborygmos is an enormous cyclops from Ravnica. He was the largest and angriest of many large and angry Gruul clan leaders. Though he wasn't the official guildmaster of the Gruul Clans (as there is little official about the guild), when he gave orders, the Gruul listened.
Borborygmos lead the Burning Tree clan, which is the largest and most diverse of the Gruul Clans. For decades, he commanded the respect and obedience of the Gruul by defeating all who challenged him. He embodied the raging fire that the Gruul believe burns in their bellies, and his wrath toward the civilization of Ravnica knew no bounds.
With Bolas' urging, the planeswalker Domri Rade challenged and defeated the ageing Borborygmos by setting waves of beasts on the cyclops. Borborygmos wasn't killed but lost the Gruuls' respect. He is now living as a Trog in the Rubblebelt.
In-game references[edit | edit source]
Quoted or referred to:
Trivia[edit | edit source]
The neolatin noun "Borborygmos" means a rumbling or gurgling sound caused by the movement of gas in the intestines.
References[edit | edit source]
- Magic Arcana. (January 23, 2006.) "Borborygmos's Orders", magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- James Wyatt and Jeremy Crawford (November 2018). "D&D Guildmasters' Guide to Ravnica", Wizards of the Coast.
- James Wyatt (January 2019). "The Art of Magic: The Gathering - Ravnica'" . Wizards of the Coast
- Monty Ashley. (March 04, 2013.) "Borborygmos Then and Now", magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Monty Ashley. (February 07, 2013.) "Gatecrash Lexicon", magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.