From MTG Wiki
|Last Used||Dragons of Tarkir|
|Reminder Text||Bolster N (Choose a creature you control with the least toughness or tied for least toughness among creatures you control. Put N +1/+1 counters on that creature.)|
61.9% 33.3% 4.7%
Bolster is a keyword action introduced in Fate Reforged where it replaced Outlast from Khans of Tarkir as the mechanic associated with the Abzan Houses. Bolster is also featured in Dragons of Tarkir, associated with Clan Dromoka.
Description[edit | edit source]
Rules[edit | edit source]
Rulings[edit | edit source]
- Bolster itself doesn't target any creature, though some spells and abilities that bolster may have other effects that target creatures. For example, you could put counters on a creature with protection from white with Abzan Skycaptain's bolster ability.
- You determine which creature to put counters on as the spell or ability that instructs you to bolster resolves.
Example[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Mark Rosewater. (February 29, 2016.) “Storm Scale: Khans of Tarkir Block”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Matt Tabak. (December 29, 2014.) “Mechanics of Fate Reforged”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Wizards of the Coast. (January 14, 2015 .) “Fate Reforged Release Notes”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Matt Tabak. (March 2, 2015.) “Mechanics of Dragons of Tarkir”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.