History[edit | edit source]
As part of the Cabal, the Demonlord began the process of rewriting history with himself as the lead, claiming Yawgmoth's title of Lord of the Wastes and Dakkon Blackblade's accomplishments of forging the Blackblade and killing the Elder Dragon Piru. He was also known as the Evincar of the Stronghold, King of Urborg, Scion of Darkness, Doom of Fools, Master of the Ebon Hand, and the Eternal Patriarch of the Cabal.
After subjugating much of Dominaria beneath his rule, he was ultimately killed in a strike against the Cabal Stronghold by the skyship Weatherlight and its crew. The Planeswalker Gideon Jura infiltrated the Stronghold and seized control of the Blackblade, and in the ensuing battle, Liliana Vess used the legendary sword to slay Belzenlok and end his reign.
Belzenlok could (or at least claimed to be able to) smell if a person was a planeswalker or not.
In-game references[edit | edit source]
Quoted or referred to:
References[edit | edit source]
- First named in the Magic Duels storyline.
- Squirle (June 11, 2018). "Legends of Dominaria & Magic Story Podcasts". Multiverse in Review. Tumblr.
- James Whitbrook (February 14, 2018). "Scifi Author Martha Wells Is Bringing Magic: The Gathering Back to Where It All Began", Io9.gizmodo.com
- Martha Wells (March 21, 2018). "Return to Dominaria: Episode 1". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Flavor text for Cabal Evangel
- Martha Wells (May 30, 2018). "Return to Dominaria: Episode 12". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.