Paul Peterson (lead) |
|Release date||October 2000|
|Early Box sets|
|Magic: The Gathering chronology|
Beatdown is a box set that was released in October 2000.
Description[edit | edit source]
The name was derived from a slang word that was used at the time for aggro decks. Players often said they were "applying a beatdown" when creatures were attacking and dealing lots of damage to an opponent. A "Beatdown deck" is essentially a “weenie” deck full of creatures that cost between one and four mana.
Beatdown is notable for containing the only black-bordered card ever printed with the symbol, a reprint of Fireball. All other printings of the card, as well as its Oracle text, use only . The symbol has otherwise only been used on the Unglued card, The Ultimate Nightmare of Wizards of the Coast® Customer Service.
Contents[edit | edit source]
The contents of the box set are:
- Two 61-card preconstructed theme decks, each containing five rares
- Two 20-sided Spindown life counters
- A mural featuring Erhnam Djinn and Sengir Vampire battling it out.
- A full-color booklet containing play tips and creature histories
Decklists[edit | edit source]
Aerodoom[edit | edit source]
Ground Pounder[edit | edit source]
Ground Pounder is red / green deck. It contains "some of the biggest, baddest creatures ever to stalk the planes of Dominaria". It is designed to get you to the stage of the game where you can drop these creatures onto the table and toll them right into your poor opponent.
1 Kird Ape
Misprint[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Product Information
- Wizards of the Coast (August 02, 2004). "Ask Wizards - August, 2004". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Reid Duke (September 21, 2015). "Glossary of Terms". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Melody Alder. (1998). The Duelist #22, 40-42
- Mark Rosewater (February 11, 2003). "We’ve Got The Beatdown". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Ted Knutson (September 09, 2006). "Magic Jargon". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Aaron Forsythe (July 01, 2005). "The Beatdown Cometh". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Magic Arcana (October 25, 2002). "Beatdown alternate art". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Magic Arcana (June 19, 2006). "Beatdown Comic Mural". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.