Battle the Horde
Battle the Horde is a Challenge Deck inspired by Horde Magic that was used at the Born of the Gods Game Day. It's also the name of the sixth quest of the Hero's Path. The deck features the rampaging Minotaurs of Theros, as foretold in the Theriad.
Description[edit | edit source]
The Challenge Deck is a special self-running deck with its own set of rules, which are printed on the Game Day vinyl playmat. A paper copy of the playmat is included with each Challenge Deck. The 60 card deck contains 15 different cards, which for the first times include artifacts.
Decklist[edit | edit source]
How to play[edit | edit source]
Compared to Face the Hydra, there are important differences to note for Battle the Horde. This deck was designed as a single-player challenge. The rules for Battle the Horde deck are different than for Face the Hydra. In battling the minotaur horde, players can use up to three Hero cards from any of the five earlier Quests. They may only use each Hero Card once. Defeating the Horde means they've earned another Hero Card.
The Horde has no life. Instead, for each 1 damage one card from the Horde's deck is put into the graveyard. You win when the Horde has no cards left in the deck and no more creatures on the battlefield.
Multiplayer option[edit | edit source]
- All players share 20 life (maximum four players recommended)
- The Minotaur Deck flips and casts an additional card per turn for each additional player
References[edit | edit source]
- Trick Jarrett (November 26, 2013). "Battle the Horde". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Born of the Gods – The Hero's Path Continues in Your Store
- Dave Guskin (September 16, 2013). "Hero's Path FAQ". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Three Things About Battle the Horde!
- Trick Jarrett (February 28, 2014). "Battle The Horde With Your Friends!". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.